Mitton ElectroNet Ltd has over 60 professional and support staff located in Christchurch, Dunedin, Nelson, Taupo, Hamilton and Wellington. We are a New Zealand owned company and have provided electrical design and specialist services to the power industry for many years.
Mitton ElectroNet was formed in 2007 from the merger of Mitton Consulting and Electronet Services. Mitton Consulting was formed in 1989 and provided services to the NZ Power Industry including substation, protection and earthing design. ElectroNet Services is part of the Westpower Group and provides asset management, construction and maintenance services to Westpower, and the same services to hydro generation companies throughout New Zealand. Electronet Services also owns ElectroNet Transmission Ltd, a transmission maintenance and construction contractor.
The combined skill base enables Mitton ElectroNet to offer specialist power systems services to the industry. Mitton ElectroNet is a thought leader in the electricity industry and is one of the largest specialised power systems consultants in New Zealand. Our brand and performance is proven by providing consistent service to our clients. Our expertise and performance has enabled formation of preferred consulting (design panel) agreements with Meridian Energy, Contact Energy, Trustpower, PowerNet, Orion, Alpine Energy, Nova Energy, ElectraNet, TransGrid, Jemena and Transpower.
Mitton ElectroNet believes that the provision of engineering design services is a bespoke process, where success depends on a blend of understanding the customer requirements, skills and experience, a delivery process framework, which are ultimately wrapped within the culture of the organisation.
We consider our key points of difference and benefit to clients to include:
- Being a New Zealand owned company, run by passionate people for the benefit of the power industry
- A company culture that promotes collaboration and engineering
- A completely mobile workforce that enables site and project meetings
- Knowledge of power industry assets, standards, and procedures
- Established working relationships with clients staff
- Client centric company culture around forming relationships and communications to ensure requirements are understood and delivery is right first time
- A proven track record of delivering technical projects